What to expect
The UK Driving Test is comprised of 5 main parts
- The Eyesight Check.
- Show Me – Tell Me Safety questions.
- General Driving ability (20 mins following directions from the Examiner).
- Independent Driving (20 mins following Road signs or a Sat Nav).
- One of Four Reversing Manoeuvres.
Although the are usually referred to together, the Show me and Tell me questions will be asked at different times during your test, and although we tend to say ‘Show me, Tell me’, the ‘Tell me’ question, will be asked first.
The examiner will ask you one of each:
- ‘Tell me’ question (where you explain how you’d carry out a safety task) at the start of your test, before you start driving.
- ‘Show me’ question (where you show how you’d carry out a safety task) while you’re driving.
Follow the links below to look at each set of questions in more detail.